Saturday, March 20, 2010

Healthy kickstart to the weekend!

Slept early yesterday (yes, on a Friday night!) but it felt so good to wake up at 7.30am on a Saturday. This allowed me to roll around in bed for half an hour before deciding to wake up. It's now 10.18am and I've already done so much! I've washed my clothes, hung them out to dry, ironed the creased items which came out of the wash, made brekkie, ate brekkie, blow my hair, cut my nails (am about to put nail polish on them) AND update this blog! *proud of self :D
Mmm can you guess what I made?

Spinach, apple & walnut salad
1/2 cup walnuts
1-2 Royal Gala or Red Delicious apples
1 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 stalks celery, finely sliced diagonally
75g baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Honey to taste

1. Preheat oven to 180 or 160 (fan-forced) celcious. Spread walnuts on an oven tray and roast for 4-5 minutes until fragrant. Let it cool.
2. Core apples and cut length ways into thin slices. Toss with lemon juice (to prevent oxidisation). Combine apple, celery and spinach leaves in a large bowl.
3. Place vinegar, olive oil and mustard into a jar and mix. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Add walnuts and honey and serve immediately.

Enjoy peeps! Have a good weekend :)

ETA: Here are my painted nails

This went on my toes
I know my toes look like the silhouette of Bart Simpson's head somehow...and they're quite tan due to all I walking I do in my Havaianas.
I've got envy on my fingers! They're a bronze base with very very fine silver glitter in the bottle but look more silver on the nails. I <3 ulta3! They're easy to apply, dry within 5 minutes and only cost $2 a pop! What's not to love?

Off to Ikea soon to buy another shoe rack (if you looked in my apartment and saw the shoes you'd think 20 people lived here) and a breakfast-in-bed table for lazy old me. I can foresee that I'll be having Swedish Meatballs for lunch, yummay!

No comments:

Post a Comment