Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush...

So this is what mulberries look like! There's a mulberry tree in my grandmother's house and she picked me some mulberries. They are incredibly sour. You have to eat the ones that are the darkest red as the ones that are normal red are as sour as 10 lemons combined. 

This is the dress that I bought from a Singaporean online shop. Pictures do not do it justice as the print is so pretty, and the heart cut-out design is to die for!

I went to church at 6.30am in the morning (the earliest I've ever been to church). So after church we adjourned to a nearby mamak with my grandparents, cousins, uncle and aunt to have some Malaysian-style breakfast ie. oily, greasy, bad for heatlth....
Roti tisu which spans 2 tables 0_0.
Paper tosai.

Went to get my hair washed and blow-dried with mom, came home and slept. Woke up (not hungry) and ate nasi kerabu. The more I ate the hungrier I became- spicy food just increases your appetite FML.

My cousin is heading back to Tasmania tomorrow before uni commences so we decided to have a going-away dinner for him at Waterlily. It's a Balinese-inspired restaurant and the food was surprisingly quite good.
The place was very nicely decorated with Balinese artifacts.

Grandma + Grandpa

Me with cousins and Grandma

The different kinds of food with your choice of meat, all served with kangkung, keropok, sambal, tempeh salad and serai with chilli padi.

Ok, have to go now, relatives are over at my place for CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment