Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Summer berries

The last time I had superdupersweet strawberries were 5 years ago (yes, it could have been that long!!) when I went strawberry picking with my family at Sunny Ridge Strawberry farm- and my mom lost her sunnies in the midst of picking but that can be a story for another day haha,  so I was really happy my visit to Queen Victoria Market on the weekend ended up being fruitful- har har. Pardon the pun :D I got 3 punnets for only $4! 

I love that summer is when my favourite fruits come into season- white fleshed nectarines, strawberries, persimmons, fresh figs, oh yum! I also went apple and peach/nectarine picking last year at the farms in February and they were very, very sweet as well. I've never been able to buy fruits from the markets or supermarkets that were that delicious ever since tasting the freshness and juiciness of fruits coming straight from the farms. I can't wait for the little weekend excursion to QVM to see what fruits I can add to the menu for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment