Sunday, December 6, 2009

Liar, liar pants on fire! Liar, Liar- Hawthorn

This weekend we decided to pay Liar,liar in Hawthorn a visit and I have to say, it's a good breakfast place that'll definitely keep me going back!

Small lil girl who seemed inseparable from her doggy. This is how the shopfront looks like by the way, we were seated outside as the weather was lovely and the sun was out.

No idea what's going on here.

Unique chairs that were pleasantly and surprisingly more comfortable than normal chairs.

I started of with Refresher (a mix of fresh juices- apple, strawberry, watermelon and mint) and the boy had his usual cappuccino. Coffee's nothing spectacular and I didn't think much of the juice but he really liked it.

Yum!! This is what I had. Not telling you cos then everyone would go there!

The aptly named Pants on fire- which was quite yummy with some chorizo mixed in. I thought this tasted strongly like a mixture of ingredients from an antipasto platter.

The mess which was our breakfast table. Ok, we got there and started eating around 12 but it's still breakfast!

And because this is so pretty it deserves a pic of its own....this is the banana bread (with coconut- so if you're not a fan of coconut you might not like this) with labneh (which is the yogurt you see on the top), rhubarb, raspberries and pistachios.

Look closely at the bread and you'll clearly see the bread chock full of banana and desiccated coconut.
Quite happy with how the pics turned out! The boy and I are slowly getting the hang of a DSLR (all pics taken with Canon 1000D using the 18-55mm basic kit lens - I'm not a big fan of the lens but I guess its a matter of mastering the functions of the camera and then upgrading the lens huh?)

One more sleep to a Monday (yuck)! I guess the only consolation is the fact that I'll be working from the office and its only 2 weeks to go before my Christmas party and 3-week break! Awesome, can't wait for that.

Till then, take care and keep your tummies full people!

No comments:

Post a Comment