Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cupcakes cupcakes yum yum yum!

I believe cupcakes were made popular by Sex and the City (remember the scene where Carrie and Miranda each gobbled down a cupcake outside Magnolia Bakery?) Hence it comes as no surprise that these days the queue going into Magnolia Bakery snakes around the shop.

I've had my fair share of cupcakes in Melbourne- largely thanks to the boy who has always managed to surprise me with a box of goodies knowing I love them. Actually... I just love eating.

Here's what he got me today:













Cupcakes (mini) from the cupcake family:































This must be the funniest looking cupcake deco I've come across..just plonk a mini marshmallow on top! ETA: I just ate the one with the marshmallow on top- it's banana flavoured and the cupcake is soooo moist. Thumbs up from me (and to think I ate it with trepidation because come on, a banana flavoured cupcake?). I was pleasantly surprised..yumm!


















I haven't eaten the cupcakes yet, so I don't know what they taste like.

These are cupcakes he got me from the Crabapple bakery- which has since closed shop :( These were by far the best cupcakes I've ever had in Melbourne! The icing was superb, just with the right hit of flavour and creaminess. Mmmm....















Just look at how smooth and creamy the icing looks.






























So I finished them all by myself, and they were all normal sized 0_0













He also got me some from the Cupcake Bakery at Melbourne Central. I wouldn't recommend this place at all as the cupcakes were dry and the icing tasted like pure sugar.

I got this cute lil' red velvet (yummmmmmmmmmm!) one from Little Cupcakes on Degraves St. You seriously can't go past this place and not try the Red Velvet they have on offer.


















Oraity, off to dinner and then to devour all my cupcakes omnomnomnom

No comments:

Post a Comment