Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Hey sexy girl from Kuala Lumpur....."

So tonight I head back to Melbourne after a week and a half holidaying in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. I have to say, I had a good time hanging out with family and enjoying the local cuisine. When I was still studying in Melbourne, every single time I came back for visits during the winter and summer breaks I always had to go to every shopping centre at least once. Pavillion, 1Utama, Sunway Pyramid, KLCC, Lot 10, Sungai Wang....I think it was some weird habit of mine to comb every shopping centre lest I miss out on buying something. 

This time around though, I only headed to a couple of shopping centres- clothes have become increasingly ugly. I told my mom one day, 'If only they stopped selling ugly clothes, people would stop wearing them.' Hahahah. With so many blogshops up and running nowdays offering unique designs from (mostly) Bangkok, I believe, I've resorted to purchasing online instead of visiting individual boutiques. I didn't really buy much this trip, but I did spend way too much *gulp. 

My second day back here we went to Rakuzen for some Japanese. I couldn't eat much so I just had salmon with yam because even though it was 7pm here, I was on 10pm Melbourne time. Which also means I've been eating 'supper' everyday since I haven't really adjusted to the time here. An extra 5kgs- here I come. I hope my clothes still fit me.





The food was really, really fresh and this is really important in Japanese cuisine. I guess this is what made the food there really awesome.

And then of course, there's always my grandparents' irreplaceable home cooked food.
 Mouth-watering sour and spicy Assam Fish
Steamed Herbal Chicken
What a typical meal looks like at my grandparents' place- YUM!
Local kuih-muih which is impossible to find overseas.

 Cute little toothpick holder with toothpicks coming out of its butt. My mom had trouble recognising what it was initially. She picked it up and said 'Octopus?' Hahahahahah. In her defense, she did only pick up the head without the butt and was holding it vertically.

And then it was off to Klang for authentic Bak Kut Teh for breakfast! Yes, it's typical breakfast fare for residents of Klang...'so when in Klang, do like they do'...:)

Boiling hot water in a kettle- situated right next yo your table for convenience. Pretty handy, as I like my tea hot!

Delicious Klang Bak Kut Teh- it literally translates to pork spare ribs in tea.
 If you like your spare parts ... intestines, cartilege etc then you'll be very happy here.
 When you've stuffed yourself with so much meat you need some enoki mushrooms to balance it all out.
Off to KL city for some indulgence- where I did this *click. The skyline of KL, with the KL tower on the left, and the Petronas Twin Towers on the right.
And also for some hawker food that are beyond famous with the locals.
 How can one not have nasi lemak ? Doesn't look appetising, but tastes better than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment