Thursday, August 19, 2010

Reminiscing about the good old (work!) times...


Those of you that know me in real life would know that my last day at work was last Friday. Some of you might be surprised to know that I resigned without having secured another permanent job, but for me I've always believed that 'fortune favours the bold.' Being securely employed means a guaranteed stream of income, but sometimes...this makes you complacent and afraid of change. I do not wish to be comfortable. I want to take myself out of the comfort zone and do things I would only dare when I'm still young. I have no commitments, no mortgages, no responsibilities...so what better time to realise my dreams other than now? 

I started my foray into the working world 3.5 years ago with a reputable Big 4 professional services firm in Australia and I have no regrets. They have been the best 3.5 years of my life. I've learnt SO much in that span of time, and I'm ready to take my skills and venture into the unknown. I've achieved the goals I set out to- I'm proud to say I'm CA qualified and I was promoted to Assistant Manager prior to leaving. I've made lifelong friends and will forever remember the fun times we had during the Christmas parties and Annual Balls. Join me as I take a trip down memory lane and write about the events that have left a mark in my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment